The Abel Tasman region is not only renowned for its walking tracks and spectacular beaches, its vineyards and wines but also for its arts and crafts. Whatever you'd like to try your hand at, I'm sure you'll find something to do here.
Nelson Buddhist Centre, 87 Nile St, Nelson / Tasman
Discover the scientifically proven benefits of meditation and mindfulness.
- Reduce stress levels
- Manage your emotions better
- Connect with the present moment, and access the wisdom that is available to you all of the time
- Increase general well-being and happiness
- Improve your memory and your ability to focus
- Gain more clarity in your relationships and yourself
- Recommended by doctors, therapists & business leaders
Both meditation and mindfulness practices are proven methods for improving your physical, mental and emotional health. In this ongoing training, you will learn and practice a variety of simple techniques that you can use at home and in your everyday life. There will also be time to ask questions about your practice and learn from the shared experience of the class.
Everyone welcome - just turn up, no ticket/booking needed.
After the beginners class, we also have a silent sit until 7 pm. Beginners are welcome to stay for as little or as much time of this as they want. If you are more advanced, you are welcome to come at 6.15 only for the silent group meditation.
Time: 6.00pm to 7.00pm
Disclaimer: theabeltasman.co.nz does not accept responsibility for any event, or any effects thereof.